Sweet Potatoes are a sweet treat during a Daniel Fast and they are easy to prepare.
According to livescience.com, due to the color-pigmented vitamins, sweet potatoes are high in anti-inflammatory benefits. One sweet potato contains about half of the daily recommended intake of vitamin C. Vitamins A and E also support a healthy immune system and are powerful, disease-fighting antioxidants.
Listed below is a quick and easy recipe found on bawarchi.com.
- 2 – Sweet Potatoes
- 1 – Garlic Clove
- 1 tsp – Oregano
- 1/4 tsp – Red Chilli flakes
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp – Olive oil
- 1 tsp – Lemon juice, to serve.
- Wash and peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into cubes.
- Parboil the sweet potato wedges in boiling water for around 5 mins.
- Drain the excess water and transfer them into a mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Line a baking tray with wax paper and arrange these wedges over it.
- Bake for 20-25 mins on 200 degrees C.
- Drizzle it with lemon juice just before serving it.